The easiest way (as an advertiser) to create a productfeed, is by using Excel. Some advertisers choose to do this. Generally, it is not prefered, because this means the productfeed will not be automatically updated. This means only advertisers that don't regularly change their prices or products should be creating their productfeed in Excel.
Making a productfeed in Excel
- Start with a Microsoft Excel document.
- On row 1, type out all the fieldnames (see 2. Fieldname standards) in seperate collumns.
All mandatory fields (see 2. Feeldname standards) should be added to the product feed, other fields are optional. It is also possible to add your own extra fields, to do this, use lower case characters and underscores (_) to seperate words.
- On the following rule, add your product's information.
- The values in the collumns correspond with the fields that are present in the top row.
- When all your products are present in the feed, save your sheet as a ".CSV" file.