Inform your contact at Daisycon before executing a test transaction when you have doubts about the steps in this process.
Process to make a test transaction and test the tracking:
- Log in to daisycon.com with the login details which you received from your channel manager
- In the Daisycon system go to Material -> Advertisements
- Select the correct and campaign and then any of the available ad groups
- Click on the 'Test' button below one of the available ads
- You will be redirected to the website of the campaign
- Follow the route to place an order from A to Z, all the way to the thank you page. When performing a test in a webshop (e-commerce website) we advice to add at least 2 different products to the order and at least two pieces for one of the products. Also, use a promotional code (not a 100% discount one!) so that the product pricing setting can be properly tested.
- Make use of 'DevTools' in Chrome when doing a test transaction. Open DevTools in Chrome by clicking on 'Inspect' via your right mouse click or Ctrl + Shift + I.
- Check if you can see the conversion pixel in the source code of the thankyou page. Go to the Source tab in DevTools and see if the matching domain of the campaign is one of the sources on the left.
- See if all dynamic parameters are filled in correctly. Parameters that are mandatory in the conversion pixel:
- ci (unique campaign ID)
- ti (transaction ID)
- a (amount)
- Check if the amount variable displays the correct value. Think of:
- Price after discounts and without shipping fees
- Is the amount calculated with or without VAT
- Check if the test transaction is properly measured in the transaction overview in the Daisycon interface.
- Inform your contact person at Daisycon when the test is done, also when the test was unsuccesful.
Extra tips for testing:
- Open 'DevTools' in Chrome when doing performing the test transaction. You can open DevTools with right mouse click and choose 'Inspect' (Ctrl + Shift + I). Click on the 'Network' tab and check the 'Preserve log' checkbox. This may be helpful for trouble shooting when the tracking is not working.
- With a standard implementation the conversion pixel is visible on the thankyou page. With Tag Managing software it is also possible to fire the conversion pixel on certain events or actions on the website and therefor is not always visible on the thankyou page. When the conversion pixel is implemented with Google Tag Manager, we advice to do a test within the Preview Mode of Google Tag Manager. This will help trouble shooting if necessary.
- In "DevTools," go to the "Console" tab and check for any error messages here.
- Test different payment methods. Does the tracking work with every method? Does the website have one thankyou page, or multiple thankyou pages (and therefore he has to implement a separate conversion pixel per thankyou page).
- Perform a test on the mobile website when the checkout flow is different then desktop.
- Perform a test on sub-domains when these are available.
- Check with each payment method whether the visitor is automatically redirected to the thankyou page after the payment. If this is not the case, this should be adjusted.