Especially for advertisers who use Magento-1, Daisycon developed an extension for the implementation of the conversion pixel. This extension adds the conversion pixel to the Magento success page without modifying code.
The Daisycon extension for Magento-1 can be viewed and downloaded here.
General information about the Daisycon conversion pixel can be viewed here.
Installation of the Daisycon affiliate tracking extension
A Magento Marketplace account is required to download the extension or access key.
Installation using Magento Connect
Download the access key here. This access key is required for installation of the extension in the Magento-1 admin area. In your Magento Admin Area navigate to System –> Magento Connect –> Magento Connect Manager. In the Install New Extension section, paste the key you have downloaded earlier and click Install. Click proceed in the next step.
Download the extension here. Extract the content of the archive (the folder app and skin). Connect to the server where your Magento store is installed via SSH or FTP. Copy the entire unpacked app folder into your store installation root folder.
In the main menu go to DAISYCON -> Affiliatemarketing to setup the Daisycon conversion tracking extension.
Login with your Daisycon username and password.
Multiple settings will be available to setup the Daisycon conversion tracking.
Choose the campaign for which you want to activate the conversion pixel.
Does the amount in the pixel needs to be including or excluding VAT? Indicate your preference in the settings of the VAT field.
You can setup a compensation code based on category-id or a product attribute. With this compensation code your channel manager can setup variable compensations.
Extra 1 - 5
- The conversion pixel can be enriched with extra variables (Extra 1 - Extra 5) such as payment method, shipping method, category-id or product attributes. These extra variables can be used to filter your statistics in the Daisycon interface. With these enriched statistics it is possible to easily optimize your campaign. These fields are not mandatory.
Questions and more information
- Do you have any questions regarding the installation of this extension? Please contact your channel manager.
Testing the conversion pixel
After the extension has been installed, the tracking needs to be tested. This is done as follows:
- Log in to daisycon.com with the login details which you received from your channel manager
- In the Daisycon system go to Material -> Advertisements
- Select the correct and campaign and then any of the available ad groups
- Click on the 'Test' button below one of the available ads
- You will be redirected to the website of the campaign
- Follow the route to place an order from A to Z, all the way to the thank you page. Add at least 2 different products to the order and at least two pieces for one of the products. Also, use a promotional code so that the product pricing setting can be properly tested.
- If the conversion pixel is set correctly you will find the transaction back in the system under Transactions -> Overview / Approval