Especially for advertisers who use WordPress / WooCommerce, Daisycon developed a plugin for the implementation of the conversion pixel. This plugin adds the conversion pixel to the WooCommerce thank you page without modifying code.
The Daisycon plugin for WordPress / WooCommerce can be viewed and downloaded here.
General information about the Daisycon conversion pixel can be viewed here.
Installation of the Daisycon WooCommerce pixel plugin
Installation using the WordPress plugin list
In your WordPress installation go to "Plugins -> New plugin". Search for “Daisycon WooCommerce” the search field. Install and activate the plugin.
You can download the plugin as ZIP-file here. In your WordPress installation go to "Plugins" and click on "Add new" and next on "Upload plugin". Click on "Choose file" and select the ZIP-file you downloaded and then click "Install Now". After installation you can activate the plugin.
In the left menu go to Settings -> Daisycon WooCommerce Pixel to adjust the settings of the plugin. In the setup screen you will see multiple settings. Below you will find explanation of each of these fields.
Campaign ID (required)
Fill in the Campaign ID for which you want to activate the conversion pixel. You can find the Campaign ID in the Daisycon interface or ask your channel manager.
Matching domain (required)
Daisycon uses various domains to measure transactions in the network. This domain can vary per campaign. It's important to choose the correct domain for the campaign. The plugin will only show available domains.
Commission: with or without VAT
Does the amount in the pixel needs to be including or excluding VAT? Indicate your preference in the settings of the VAT field.
Extra variables (Extra field 1-5)
- The conversion pixel can be enriched with extra variables (Extra field 1 - Extra field 5). You can add the names of the product attributes for example. These extra variables can be used to filter your statistics in the Daisycon interface. With these enriched statistics it is possible to easily optimize your campaign. These fields are not mandatory.
Optional: Variable compensations with a commission code
After installation of the Daisycon WooCommerce plugin there will be a new field available in the WooCommerce product data settings in the tab "General": "Daisycon Pixel Commission Code". This setting will only be used if you have a variable compensation setup on your campaign based on different product types or categories. The value in this field will be matched with the same value linked to the corresponding compensation group.
Questions and more information
- Do you have any questions regarding the installation of this extension? Please contact your channel manager.
Testing the conversion pixel
After the plugin has been installed, the tracking needs to be tested. This is done as follows:
- Log in to daisycon.com with the login details which you received from your channel manager
- In the Daisycon system go to Material -> Manage material
- Select the correct and campaign and then any of the available ad groups
- Click on the 'Test link' button below one of the available ads
- You will be redirected to the website of the campaign
- Follow the route to place an order from A to Z, all the way to the thank you page. Add at least 2 different products to the order and at least two pieces for one of the products. Also, use a promotional code so that the product pricing setting can be properly tested.
- If the conversion pixel is set correctly you will find the transaction back in the system under Transactions -> Overview / Approval