The transaction approval is one of the tasks that you as an advertiser need to do on a regular basis. We advise to check and approve your open transactions at least twice a month. After 2 months, automatic administrative processes kick in. However, the faster you approve transactions, the faster publishers receive their compensation, and the happier they are with promoting your campaign.
In this FAQ article, we answer the following questions for you:
- How does Daisycon know if a transaction has taken place?
- How to validate transactions?
- Validate transactions in a batch (Batch processing)
- How often should transacties be validated?
How does Daisycon know that a transaction has taken place?
The most common method of measuring whether a transaction has taken place is through a conversion pixel on the thank-you page of an advertiser's website. When a transaction occurs, the conversion pixel is triggered. The Daisycon system checks if the transaction matches previous clicks from publishers. If so, Daisycon registers the transaction or lead with the publisher who registered the last click. The publisher then receives commission. Read how to implement the conversion pixel as an advertiser here.
By default, the transaction overview shows all open transactions of the last 30 days. It's possible to select a longer period as well.
The filter menu on the left side let you filter transactions on:
- Transaction status (open, approved, disapproved)
- Transaction type (regular, manual, missed sale)
In addition to above filters, it is possible to filter the transaction overview based on:
- Publisher data
- Click data
- Transaction data
The visible transaction information includes:
- Transaction ID
- Time stamp
- Media name + Media ID
- Publisher commission
- Revenue (if applicable)
Extra transaction details can be viewed by clicking on the transaction. The transaction details contain click information such as the click-date and ad-id and all the information that is registered by the conversion pixel. Clicking on the product (grey part) will open the part details, including the given commission. When a transaction consist of multiple parts (products), which is only available with the product level conversion pixel, information from each individual part will be available.
How to validate transactions?You approve transactions when you are logged in in the 'Transactions' / 'Transaction overview' menu.
Watch our video tutorial: How to approve transactions in MyDaisycon:
Faster transaction validation with batch processing
'Batch processing' allows you to approve many transactions in one batch. When you have a successful affiliate program, this will save a lot of time.
How does batch processing work?
You start by creating an export of all transactions in a given period from your own system. Make sure you export the unique transaction IDs of transactions that have been completed or those that have been canceled.
- Go to the 'Transactions'/'Batch Processing' menu.
- Select the correct campaign (note: only one campaign per batch is possible).
- Select the correct period.
- Paste all Transaction IDs (or Daisycon ID 's) in the field. It is also possible to upload a CSV or XLS file with all transaction data in one batch. To do so, follow the steps below with 'batch processing by file upload'.
- The system will select only the transactions from transaction IDs that are also registered by Daisycon.
- Check if the data is correct and then choose to reject or approve depending on which transactions you exported from your own system.
- Then click the 'Process' button. It may take several minutes for the import to complete.
Batch processing by file upload
It is also possible to approve a large number of transactions by uploading a CSV or XLS file. With this option it is also possible to modify transaction data such as commission. To do so, follow the following steps:
- Go to the 'Transactions'/'Batch processing' menu.
- Click on 'Upload a file'.
- Drag the file into the field, or click on the field and select the file with the transaction data.
- Note! Make sure the file contains transactions from only one campaign.
- Configure the file and then click 'Map columns'
- Wait a few seconds for the system to map the first fields. Then check that all fields are mapped correctly. Fields that are not used do not need to be mapped.
- Click on 'Validate file'.
- Check that the data is correct and then click 'Import file'. It may take several minutes for the import to complete.
To process transactions properly (in batch), it is important that the Transaction ID and any other transaction data from your own system matches the values provided in the conversion pixel. Read all about implementing and optimizing the conversion pixel here.
Automate transaction approval
Batch processing can help you approve faster. You can also use the Daisycon API for advertisers. This makes it possible to automate judging even 100%. Read more about the Daisycon API here.
How often should transacties be validated?
It is mandatory to validate transactions within two months, unless otherwise agreed. As an advertiser you have up to two months to perform this inspection, after which transactions are automatically approved. Publishers consider fast transaction approval as one of the most important aspects of an affiliate campaign, because it gives them quicker feedback on their performance and their commissions available for payout faster. They will rate the affiliate program more positively when transactions are approved quickly.