It's possible to create a product feed with Excel or Google Sheets. Some advertisers choose to do this. Generally, it is not preferred, because this means the productfeed will not be automatically updated. This means only advertisers that don't regularly change their prices or products should be creating their product feed in Excel or Google Sheets.
Create a product feed in Excel or Google Sheets
- Start with a Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets document.
- On row 1, type out all the fieldnames (see 2. Fieldname standards) in seperate collumns.
All mandatory fields (see 2. Feeldname standards) should be added to the product feed, other fields are optional. It is also possible to add your own extra fields, to do this, use lower case characters and underscores (_) to seperate words.
- On the following rule, add your product's information.
- The values in the collumns correspond with the fields that are present in the top row.
- When all your products are present in the feed, save your sheet as a ".CSV" file.
Publish CSV as a web page with Google Sheets
With Google Sheets, it is possible to publish files as web pages. To do so, follow the steps in Google's explanation: Publish files as web pages.